Time remaining to purchase tickets
Effective Date: April 17, 2017
The Site is operated by or on behalf of the Pittsburgh Cultural District ("Cultural District") and is dedicated to the promotion of Pittsburgh's Cultural District and its member companies: August Wilson Center, Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre, Pittsburgh CLO, The Pittsburgh Cultural Trust, Pittsburgh Opera, Pittsburgh Public Theater, and Pittsburgh Symphony. The terms "we," "our," "ours" and "us" refer to the Cultural District and, as appropriate, one or more Member Organizations.
INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
We generally do not treat Activity Data as Personal Information. We may, however, link together different types of Activity Data or link Activity Data to Personal Information. If linked information identifies (or can be used to identify) an individual person, we treats the linked information as Personal Information.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
We collect information about users that users provide through optional, voluntary submissions to receive electronic newsletters, to submit questions and comments, to share information with a friend, and participation in polls, surveys, and ticket purchases. Some of this information may be Personal Information.
Web Beacons: A web beacon (also called a pixel tag or clear GIF) is computer code that communicates information from your device to a server. Some of Cultural District’s content and emails may contain embedded web beacons that allow a server to read certain types of information from your Device, allow us to count the number of people who have viewed content, to know when you opened an email message and the IP address of your Device. Web beacons help Cultural District develop statistical information to provide better and more personalized content.
Cookies: Cookies are small text files that are sent to or accessed from your web browser or your computer’s hard drive. A cookie typically contains the name of the domain (internet location) from which the cookie originated, the "lifetime" of the cookie (i.e., when it expires) and a randomly generated unique number or similar identifier. A cookie also may contain information about your computer, such as user settings, browsing history and activities conducted while using the Site.
The Site uses the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies, which are required for the operation of the Site. Without them, for example, you would not be able to register or log in for the Site that Cultural District offers.
- Analytical/performance cookies, which allow Cultural District to recognize and count the number of visitors, learn how visitors navigate the Site and improve the Site.
- Functionality cookies, which Cultural District uses to recognize you when you return to the Site.
- Interaction cookies, which allow you to recommend Cultural District on Social Media.
To learn more about web beacons and cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Cultural District also uses analytics services, such as Google Analytics, to collect Activity Data. Generally analytics services do not identify individual users. Many analytics services allow you to opt out of data collection. For example, to learn more about Google Analytics practices and to opt out, visit www.google.com/settings/ads or by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Your Control of Cookies: Some web browsers (including some mobile web browsers) provide settings that allow you to control or reject cookies or to alert you when a cookie is placed on your device. You also may be able to reject mobile device identifiers by activating the appropriate setting on your mobile device. Although you are not required to accept cookies or mobile device identifiers, if you block or reject them, you may not have access to all features available through the Site.
Do Not Track: Some web browsers (including Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome) incorporate a "Do Not Track" ("DNT") or similar feature that signals to websites that a user does not want to have his or her online activity and behavior tracked. If a website that responds to a particular DNT signal receives the DNT signal, the browser can block that website from collecting certain information about the browser’s user. Not all browsers offer a DNT option and DNT signals are not yet uniform. For this reason, many website operators, including Cultural District, do not respond to DNT signals.
HOW INFORMATION IS USED AND SHARED
Information collected through the Site is used for:
Electronic newsletters: We offer free electronic newsletters. Users may remove themselves from email distribution by following the unsubscribe link provided in every email.
- "Email a friend" and other social media services: Users can choose to forward Site information to someone else. To do so, the user must provide his or her email address, as well as the email address of the recipient. This information is used only to let the recipient know who sent the email and to send the email.
- Surveys: We may conduct user surveys to better target our content to our audience. We may share audience feedback and aggregated demographic information with our sponsors, future advertisers and partners. We do not share information about specific individuals with any third party.
Occasionally, we may provide special offers and promotions for non-profit and entertainment organizations to audience members and those that have signed up to receive cultural information. We do not release telephone numbers but may utilize phone blasting technology to inform audience members of vital customer service information such as program changes, weather cancellations, travel advisories, and other event-related news.
We also may use the information we collect from users to (a) provide other services that we may offer or that users may request, (b) assess and measure the use of the Site, and (c) customize and improve the Site and its content.
We share information collected through the Site:
- with service providers that help us with payment card processing, sending emails, order fulfillment, conducting advertising, providing customer service or product support, industry benchmarking, consumer analysis, market research and administering promotions.
- if Cultural District is involved in a merger, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy or similar change.
- if we determine that disclosure of specific information is necessary to comply with the request of a law enforcement or regulatory agency or other legal process;
- to protect the rights, privacy, property, interests or safety of our company or our affiliates, customers, business partners, employees or the general public;
- to pursue available remedies or limit the damages;
- to respond to an emergency.
The Site is not directed to or intended for use by minors. Consistent with the requirements of the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, if we learn that we have received any information directly from a child under age 13 without his or her parent’s verified consent, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child (or his or her parent or legal guardian) to inform the child that he or she cannot use the Site and subsequently will delete that information.
HOW WE PROTECT AND STORE INFORMATION
Cultural District takes precautions intended to help protect information that we collect and store. Unfortunately, however, no system or electronic data transmission is completely secure. Any transmission is at your own risk and we expect that you will use appropriate security measures to protect your information.
You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account credentials and other authentication involved in obtaining access to password-protected or secure areas of the Site. Cultural District will treat access to the Site through your account credentials as authorized by you. Unauthorized access to password-protected or secure areas is prohibited and may lead to criminal prosecution. We may suspend your use of all or part of the Site without notice if we suspect or detect any breach of security. If you believe that information you provided to us is no longer secure, please notify us immediately using the contact information provided below.
We retain information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which you provided the information, to comply with law legal obligations, to resolve disputes, to enforce agreements and similar essential purposes.
HOW TO ACCESS AND CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you would like to correct or delete your Personal Information, please send us an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cultural District reserves the right to request that you provide information that will enable Cultural District to confirm that you have the authority to correct or delete the Personal Information that you want corrected or deleted. Cultural District may not be able to correct or delete Personal Information shared with third parties.
NOTICE TO INTERNATIONAL VISITORS
c/o The Pittsburgh Cultural Trust
803 Liberty Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Box Office: 412-456-6666